Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The role of a man and a woman in society

The topic of the roles of Women and Men in Society has been very important for history. Each country has developed differently and in accordance with their culture is the role that men and women have.

I think that in my country, Chile, the difference in the role of a man and woman is not as strong. I think people have been able to adapt to new needs, for example today is normal for women to work and every day is integrates a little more in the different areas, but still there are differences in pay for equal work and also sometimes women are discriminated against because they might become pregnant, which would mean an extra expense for the company.

Furthermore, although women have joined the workforce, have not neglected the housework. I think it is time that men are aware of the changes that has taken our society and understand that should begin to participate more actively in housework.

I believe in my country, the life is more  easier for men because  they usually focus only on work, but women must work, look after the house and if they have children must to worry about their care (but we must not be radical, because there are exceptions!)

Finally I think the full equal of men and women is not possible because everyone has different skills and characteristics that make it better or worse for tasks that are necessary in a society. However, I believe it is necessary that the door is open so that each person has the option to choose which role they want to have.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that your possition is very interesting and complementary with mine, i like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. is very interesting to the position expressed in this blog, is very good

    women in power

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johanna I do not mean that we are completely determined by our gender, but I do believe that women and men tend to prefer different activities and that has to do with the abilities of each one .. but perhaps it is cultural determinism, I do not know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post.
    We have to fight to have the same rights!

    ReplyDelete